Monday 20 October 2014

Losers.

On Friday I took a trip to Pop Recs Ltd in Sunderland, (the record shop that Frankie & the Heartsrtrings run), to see a gig that had been organised at short notice. The band playing, Losers, I wasn't familiar with, but my hubby reckoned I'd probably like. When they took to the stage and started playing, I was absolutely gob smacked. Their sound was an electronic/indie explosion of thrashing drums and intricate, finger plucking guitar riffs, that took me completely by surprise. As I scanned the crowd, heads were bobbing and people were standing there mesmerised, me included.

At the end of the gig I was already signing up for cheap entry to the final gig of the tour, at the Cluny on Sunday. I frequent so many gigs and could not believe that I hadn't come across these guys before. I had spent the last couple of days familiarising myself with the album, '...And So We Shall Never Part', and already singing along to cracking, monumental, unforgettable tunes ' DNA', 'Azan' and 'Us vs Night'. The heady beat was intense and loud and the energy produced from singers Paul and Tom was intoxicating. The gig was possibly my favourite of the year, a comment I don't make easily and after soul searching for a band to fulfil the void left after my favourite band split, I felt I had finally reached the end of a long journey.

So do yourselves a favour, and check these guys out. Seriously, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment