Sunday 6 July 2014

Puppet Rebellion

Well, the day had finally arrived and I was taking myself on a road trip to Leeds, to see Puppet Rebellion, a five piece from Manchester, who I was desperate to see live, as I was a big fan. Puppet Rebellion were 3rd on the bill and there was a decent enough crowd. Once the guys took to the stage the crowd moved forward, me right at the front and I was seriously buzzing.

They opened with 'Chemical Friends', the title track from their first EP of the same name. By the time they had reached their third song, 'Pirouette', from the second EP, No Means Yes, the audience, I noticed, were  really engaged. Singer Simon Monaghan, is such a charismatic frontman, who draws in the audience. After a small technical fault (Simon forgot the lyrics), forgivable as he had only written them that day,they played a new song, 'Chasing Fame', instantly recognisable as a Puppet Rebellion song, with the wonderful guitar riffs and noticeable bass that I associate with them. They finished with 'Greatest Lie Ever Told' and great cheers and applause from the crowd.

I was so thrilled at what I had seen, and on a real high. These guys had surpassed all of my expectations with their undeniable talent and live performance. Can't wait to see them again. To check them out head over to their Facebook page and give them 'Like', I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment